This new competition celebrates the magnificent beauty of the Zambezi Valley and you’re invited to participate!
We are looking for bold, striking photographs taken in the Zambezi Valley that embody our theme for 2020 – “The Power and the Glory”. There are no restrictions on subject – wildlife, birdlife or landscapes.
Winning entries will be featured in Zambezi Elephant Fund’s 2020 calendar; plus, you will have your photograph published in Nzira magazine!
By participating, you will be helping the Zambezi Elephant Fund in its efforts to increase awareness of the Zambezi Valley to a global audience, and effectively strengthening Zambezi Elephant Fund’s support of the vital anti-poaching and conservation work that is being carried out by ZimParks and many on-the-ground implementers.
You will also be sharing and introducing our audience to the Zambezi Valley, helping them discover the region’s wildlife and habitats.
Tag @zambezi_elephant_fund and #ZEFPowerAndGlory with your entry!
2020 Calendar Competition: Terms and Conditions
1. The competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
2. Zambezi Elephant Fund is solely responsible for the administration and running of this competition.
3. The competition runs from 17th June 2019 until 23:59 CAT on Thursday 15th August 2019. Entries will not be considered after this time.
4. There are no age restrictions on entrants, and entries are welcome from anywhere in the world.
5. To enter; simply post your photo entry on Instagram, tag @zambezi_elephant_fund and include the hashtag #ZEFPowerAndGlory
6. Our 3-man judging panel will select winners from those entries judged to be the most visually appealing and original within the framework of the 2020 Zambezi Elephant Fund calendar theme – “The Power and the Glory”.
7. There will be 13 winning entries – one for each of the twelve monthly pages, plus one top winning entry, which will be the calendar cover image.
8. Winners will be announced via Instagram and other social media on Friday 30th August 2019. The 13 winning entrants will each receive a copy of the 2020 Zambezi Elephant Fund Calendar before the end of 2019, and Instagram handles promoted on the calendar and in social media. The top winner will also receive specific profile promotion on various social media platforms, as well as in Nzira magazine.
9. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their participating in the competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Zambezi Elephant Fund to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their marketing platforms, their website and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
10. By participating, and should your entry be considered for inclusion in the Zambezi Elephant Fund 2020 calendar, you grant Zambezi Elephant Fund the right to show your image in a winners’ exhibition and to use your image in any associated publicity and in the Zambezi Elephant Fund 2020 calendar.